Friday, April 7: Duration of work extended to April 30.
The Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue utility relocation efforts along Flower St. between 5th St. and 6th St. including the intersections of 5th/Flower St. and 6th/Flower St.
Work is anticipated to continue on Wednesday, March 1, and continue for one month.
Anticipated work hours:
- Monday through Friday: 9 pm to 5 am
- Saturday: 8 am to 6 pm and 9 pm to 5 am
The work will take place inside the current waterline work zone. Therefore, no additional street closure is necessary.
Crosswalks at the 5th/Flower and 6th/Flower may be restricted during work hours. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work area. Access to businesses and driveways will be maintained
Right turns from 6th St. to Flower St will be maintained.
What to Expect
Thru traffic will be maintained on southbound Flower St. with lane reductions between 5th St. and 6th St. during work hours.
- Lane reductions on 5th St. between Figueroa and Olive St.
- Lane reductions on 6th St. between Figueroa and Hope St.
- Left turns from Flower St. to 6th St. will be restricted.
Eastbound 6th St. detour, from southbound Flower St:
Traffic will detoured left on Wilshire Blvd., left on Hope St., back on 6th St.