Thursday, June 15: The duration of this work has been extended to July 31, 2017.
As part of on-going utility relocation efforts, Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue excavation along Flower St between 5th St/Flower St and 6th St/Flower St intersections.
Work is anticipated to continue Wednesday, February 15, 2017 and continue for 4 months.
Anticipated work hours, weather permitting:
- Monday through Friday: 9 pm to 5 am
- Saturdays: 8 am to 6 pm; 9 pm to 5 am
Right turns from 6th St. to Flower St will be maintained.
Crosswalks at one leg of the intersections on 5th St./Flower St. and 6th St./Flower St. may be restricted during work hours. Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work area. Access to businesses and driveways will be maintained.
What to Expect
Thru traffic will be maintained on southbound Flower St. with lane reductions between 5th St. and 6th St. during work hours.
- Lane reductions on 5th St. between Figueroa St. and Olive St.
- Lane reductions on 6th St. between Figueroa St. and Hope St.
- Left turns from Flower St. to 6th St. will be restricted
- Eastbound 6th St. traffic will detour on Flower St., left on Wilshire Blvd., left on Hope St., back to 6th St.