Friday, June 2: The duration of this work has been extended to November 5, 2017.
Friday, April 28: The duration of this work has been extended to May 31, 2017.
March 31, 2017: Duration of activity has been extended to April 30. An additional day shift has been added as well.
March 3, 2017: Duration of activity has been extended to March 31.
January 20, 2017: Duration of activity has been extended to February 28.
January 13, 2017: Duration of activity has been extended to January 20.
The Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) will continue utility relocation efforts along Flower St. between 5th St./Flower St. and 6th St./Flower St. intersections.
Work is anticipated to continue Monday, April 1, 2017 and continue for approximately 4 weeks.
Anticipated work hours, weather permitting:
- Mon-Fri: 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays (as needed): 8 am to 6 pm
Activities include saw cutting, grinding, pavement removal, excavation, backfill and paving.
Crosswalks at the 5th St./Flower St. and 6th St./Flower St. intersections may be restricted during work hours.
Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work area. Access to businesses and driveways will be maintained
What to Expect
- Thru traffic will be maintained on southbound Flower St. with lane reductions between 5th St. and 6th St. during work hours.
- Lane reductions on 5th St. between Figueroa and Olive St.
- The right turn lane from Flower St. onto westbound 5th St. will be detoured to Wilshire Blvd.
- Lane reductions on 6th St. between Figueroa St. and Hope St.
- Left turns from Flower St. to 6th St.
- Right turns from 6th St. to Flower St will be maintained.