Regional Connect Constructors (RCC) will transport the shield from the TBM storage yard to 1st/Central Station for the TBM lowering ceremony to earmark tunnelling activity set to commence in early 2017.
The shield will head west on Commercial St, south on Vignes St, then west on Temple, and south on Alameda St to the 1st/Central Station yard and will return via the same route.
This activity is anticipated to start on Sunday, October 16, 2106 from 11p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day. Return of the shield to the TBM storage yard will begin on Wednesday, October 19,, 2016 from 11p.m. to 6 a.m. the following day.
TBM shield and hauling equipment is being moved to the 1st/Central Station.
Activities include moving the TBM shield at walking pace requiring the street closure for the oversize load. Only crane engine noise is anticipated at the yard during loading and offloading of the shield.
What to Expect
There will be an intermittent closure of the following streets:
- Commercial St between Center St and Vignes St.
- Temple St between Vignes St and Alameda St.
- Alameda St between Temple St and 1st St.
Pedestrian access will be maintained outside of the work area during this activity
- Northbound Alameda St: left on 2nd St, right on San Pedro St., right on Temple St., and left back to Alameda St.
- Southbound Alameda St: right on Temple St, left on San Pedro St, left on 1st St, and right back to Alameda St