Wednesday, September 21: Saturday work hours have been updated to occur from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Regional Connect Constructors (RCC) and its subcontractors will install Geotechnical Instrumentation in the 2nd St tunnel between Hill St. and Figueroa St.
A full closure of the 2nd St tunnel between Hill and Figueroa St will be necessary. Work will begin on September 24, 2016 and continue for two weeks.
Anticipated work hours
- 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday through Friday
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays
Geotechnical Instrumentation is needed to monitor the underground work during tunnel construction.
What to Expect
Pedestrian access will be restricted during work hours.
The following turns will be restricted during work hours:
- Left turns from northbound Hill St to 2nd St
- Right turns from northbound Figueroa St to 2nd St
- Left turns from southbound Figueroa St to 2nd St.
- Eastbound traffic will take Figueroa St to 1st St., to Spring St., back to 2nd St
- Westbound traffic will take Main St to 3rds St., to Figueroa, back to 2nd St