Full weekend closure at 1st St./Alameda St. will take place over a period of 57 hours to reconfigure traffic in preparation for Regional Connector tunnel construction.
1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
Alameda St. between Templest St. and 3rd St.
Starting on Friday, September 23, 2016 at 7 p.m. through Monday, September 26, 2016 at 4 a.m.
7 p.m. on Friday until 4 a.m. Monday, around the clock.
Please contact the Project Hotline at 213.922.7277.
During the weekend of September 23, 2016,starting on Friday 7 p.m. through Monday 4 a.m., the following closures will be in effect:
- Full closure of Alameda St. between Temple St. and 3rd St.
- Full closure of 1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
- Lane reductions to thru traffic will be in place on 1st St. between Main St. and Central Ave.
- Street parking restrictions will be in place on the south side of 1st St. between San Pedro St. and Central Ave.
Left turn restrictions will be in place for the following intersections during work hours:
- Eastbound 2nd St. onto northbound Alameda
- Southbound Judge John Aiso St. onto eastbound 1st St.
Local access to 1st St. and Alameda St. businesses, residences and emergency responders will be granted by a construction crew on site at the following locations:
- 2nd St. and Alameda St.
- 3rd St. and Alameda St.
- 1st St. and Hewitt St.
- 1st St. and Rose St.
- Alameda St. and Temple St.
Starting Monday, September 26, 2016 at 4 a.m., all traffic lanes will reopen to normal configuration.
What to Expect
Westbound 1st St Traffic
From 1st/Vignes: Right on Vignes St., left on Temple St., left on Judge John Aiso St., back to 1st St.
Eastbound 1st St Traffic
From 1st/Judge John Aiso: Left on Judge John Aiso St., right on Temple St., right on Vignes St., left back to 1st St.
Westbound 1st St traffic
From: 1st/Mission: Right on Mission Road, left on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., left on Spring St., back to 1st St
Eastbound 1st St traffic
From 1st/Main: left on Main St., right on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., right on Mission Road, back to 1st St.