Full weekend closures at 1st St./Alameda St. will take place over a period of 57 hours to perform installation of piles and deck panels in preparation for Regional Connector tunnel construction.
1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
Alameda St. between Templest St. and 3rd St.
Starting on Friday, June 24, 2016 at 7 p.m. through Monday, June 27, 2016 at 4 a.m.
Monday to Friday, work hours are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Please contact the Project Hotline at 213.922.7277
During June 24 weekend starting on Friday 7 p.m. through Monday 4 a.m., the following closures will be in effect:
- Full closure of Alameda St. between Temple St. and 3rd St.
- Full closure of 1st St. between Central Ave. and Vignes St.
Local access to 1st St. and Alameda St. businesses, residences and emergency responders will be granted by a construction crew on site at the following locations:
- 2nd St. and Alameda St.
- 1st St. and Hewitt St.
- 1st St. and Vignes St.
- Alameda St. and Temple St.
The following, new traffic configuration is in place through September 2016:
- Alameda St. between Temple St. and 3rd St. will remain open with one lane in each direction
- Eastbound 1st St. between Alameda to Vignes St. will remain open
- Westbound 1st St. between Vignes and Alameda will remain open
- 1st St. between Alameda and Central Ave. will be closed
What to Expect
Westbound 1st St Traffic
From 1st/Vignes: Right on Vignes St., left on Temple St., left on Judge John Aiso St., back to 1st St.
From 1st/Alameda: Right on Alameda St., left on Temple St., left on Judge John Aiso St., back on 1st
From: 1st/Mission: Right on Mission Road, left on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., left on Spring St., back to 1st St.
Eastbound 1st St Traffic
From 1st/Judge John Aiso: Left on Judge John Aiso St., right on Temple St., right on Vignes St., left back to 1st St.
From 1st/Main: left on Main St., right on Cesar E. Chavez Ave., right on Mission Road, back to 1st St.