A 6 month closure of the 2nd/Broadway intersection will take place for utility relocation in preparation for 2nd/Broadway Station construction, starting Saturday, February 27, 2016 starting at 7 a.m.
Broadway between 1st St and 3rd St & 2nd St between Hill St and Spring St. Click here to view detour map.
A series of weekend closures will follow to install piles & deck, these closures are necessary for tunnel construction to begin. Local access to businesses, residents and emergency responders will be maintained during the closures with a construction crew onsite granting local access.
Starting Saturday, February 27
- Broadway between 1st St and 3rd St
- 2nd St between Spring St and Hill St
- Left turn pocket at Hill to the east bound 2nd St will be closed during this closure
- Left turn pocket at Broadway to the west bound 1st St will be closed during this closure
4 months closure as early as September to January 2017
- 2nd St between Spring St and Broadway
- Weekend closure of the intersection of 2nd St and Spring St
Monday – Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Sundays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Overnight work between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. may be necessary. A separate notice will be issued as work gets scheduled.
Metro Bus and DASH Bus Detours
The following bus lines have been relocated as of February 19, 2016 through the duration of the closure.
- Metro Local and Limited 2/302
- Metro Local 4
- Metro Local and Limited 30/330
- Metro Local 40
- Metro Local 45
- Metro Rapid 745
What to Expect Saturday, February 27
Starting on Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 7 a.m., a full weekend closure of the 2nd/Broadway intersection will be in effect to install K-rail (concrete barriers) and reconfigure traffic lanes to implement the 7-month and subsequent 4-month closures.
- Full closure of Broadway between 1st St and 3rd St
- South bound directional closure on Broadway from Temple to 1st St
- Full closure of 2nd St between Hill St and Spring St
- Local access to businesses, residences and emergency responders will be maintained in the closure area.
Motorist Detours, effective Saturday, February 27
Westbound 2nd St Traffic
Right on Main St, left on 1st St, left on Hill St, and right on west bound 2nd St
Eastbound 2nd St Traffic
Left on Hill St, right on 1st St, right on Spring St, and left on east bound 2nd St.
Northbound Broadway Traffic
Left on 3rd St, right on Hill St, right on Temple, and left on north bound Broadway
Southbound Broadway Traffic
Right on Temple, left on Hill St, left on 4th St, and right on south bound Broadway