Mobilization of staging yard to support Regional Connector Station construction
Saturday, January 23, 2016
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
In the vicinity of the 2nd Place/Hope St intersection
Use Grand Ave. and Figueroa St. as alternate routes between 1st St. and 3rd St.
What to Expect
Starting on Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 8 a.m., the following closures will be in effect 24/7 for approximately 3 ½ years:
- Northbound directional closure on Flower St. between 3rd St. and 1st St.
- Full closure of General Thaddeus Kosciuszko (GTK) Way connector road between 3rd St. tunnel and Hope St.
- Full closure of 2nd Place bridge between Flower St. and Hope St.
- Southbound Hope St. between 2nd St. and GTK Way will be reduced to one lane
From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., the following closures will be in place to install K-rail (concrete barriers) and reconfigure traffic lanes:
- Full closure of Hope St. between 2nd St. and 3rd St.
- Full closure of 2nd St. between Grand Ave. and Hope St. (8 a.m. to 10 a.m. only)
- Full closure of GTK Way between Lower Grand Ave. and Hope St.
- Northbound directional closure on Flower St. between 4th St. and 3rd St.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained at the 2nd/Grand, GTK Way/Lower Grand, and 3rd/Hope intersections.
- Use Grand Ave. and Figueroa St. as alternate routes between 1st St. and 3rd St.
- Map attached
Eat Shop Play DTLA! Support local businesses open during construction! Visit metro.net/eatshopplay
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice. For the latest information please visit metro.net/regionalconnector, Twitter.com/metroconnector, Facebook.com/metroregionalconnector.
For real-time information and service alerts to plan your trip, visit metro.net or call 323.GO.METRO.