Starting Saturday, January 7th – Monday, January 9th, pile installation will continue on the south side of Wilshire Blvd. and Fairfax Ave.
This work calls for piling work within the Wilshire/Fairfax intersection, and will require Fairfax Ave. lane reductions over the weekends. There will also be intermittent lane reductions on Wilshire Blvd.
The closures on Fairfax supporting pile work on weekends will occur throughout January and February. Please see below for lane reductions and turn restrictions for Jan. 7-9:
- Fairfax Ave. will be reduced to one lane in each direction between 6th St. and 8th St. from Saturday at 4am-Monday at 6am.
- Left turns are restricted from Fairfax Ave. to Wilshire Blvd. in both directions
- One of the two left turn pockets from westbound 6th St. to southbound Fairfax Ave. will be restricted.
- Sidewalk closure on the south side of Wilshire just west of Fairfax. Signed pedestrian detour will be installed and supported by flaggers. Access to businesses will be maintained.
- Traffic officer support will be in place at the intersection.
- 7am-11pm: drilling and installing piles
- 11pm-7am: support activities, such as concrete pours, securing plates, sound blanket and closure removal
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice.
- 24/7 Hotline: 213-922-6934
- Please review our construction safety tips
- Access for emergency responders will be maintained
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus Lines: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/
More About Metro
Eat Shop Play
|Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay|
Business Interruption Fund
|Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).|
Doing Business With Metro
|Metro works with small businesses throughout Los Angeles County! Would you like to be one of our vendors? Visit business.metro.net for more details!|