ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS OWNERS IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-405 AND THE SUNSET BRIDGE
The contractor continues to pour the deck of the new Sunset bridge and successfully completed the portion over the NB 405 freeway. Two additional nights remain requiring full closures of Sepulveda Bl and a directional full freeway closure of the SB 405 freeway. For each of these nights, Sunset Bl bridge will be closed as well.
What: Deck pour
When: Monday, August 29, 2011 – Sepulveda Bl from Montana Av to Church Ln and Sunset Bridge from 10pm to 6am. Wednesday, August 31, 2011 – SB 405 from Sunset off ramp to Wilshire Bl from 12am to 5am and Sunset Bridge from 10pm to 6am.
Where: I-405 freeway at Sunset Bl, Sunset Bridge and Sepulveda Bl
What to expect:
- Freeway lane reduction will start at 10pm.
- Freeway traffic will be detoured off the freeway to Sepulveda Bl and then to the next
- EB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to N. Church Ln, to Sepulveda Bl, to Sepulveda
Way, back to Sunset Bl.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to Sepulveda Way, to Sepulveda Bl, to Church
Ln, back to Sunset Bl.
- SB Sepulveda Bl traffic will be detoured to Sepulveda Way, to EB Sunset Bl, to SB
Veteran Av, to Montana Av, back to Sepulveda Bl.
- NB Sepulveda Bl traffic will be detoured to EB Montana Av, to NB Veteran Av, to
Sunset Bl, to Sepulveda Way, back to Sepulveda Bl.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Sunset ramps will be closed. Closures may start as early as 7pm and will be
coordinated with Caltrans.
- Emergency access will be maintained.