ATTENTION COMMUTERS, RESIDENTS, AND BUSINESSES IN THE VICINITY OF THE SUNSET BL BRIDGE AT THE I-405 FREEWAY
As part of the 90-day Wilshire ramps closure, Sunset Bl Bridge will be reconfigured to temporarily add a dedicated left turn pocket onto the NB I-405 on-ramp for WB Sunset traffic.
What: Full closure of Sunset Bl Bridge for traffic reconfiguration
When: Full closure starting at 10pm Saturday, June 3, 2012, through 6am on Sunday, June 4, 2012.
Where: Sunset Bl Bridge between Barrington Av and Veteran Av
What to expect:
- Access to businesses and local residents will be maintained.
- Sunset Bl Bridge will be open during the day; traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction from 6am to 12-Noon on Sunday, June 4, 2012.
- Sepulveda Way will be temporarily closed in both directions, starting June 2, 2012, and throughout the duration of the 90-Day Wilshire ramp closures.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Veteran Av, to WB Wilshire Bl, to NB Barrington Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Barrington Av, to EB Wilshire Bl, to NB Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- The Sunset Bl NB ramps will be closed as early as 7pm; closures will be coordinated with Caltrans.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to a safe area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained.
Note: Starting on June 22, 2012, the WB Wilshire on-ramp to NB I-405 and the NB I-405 off-ramp to WB Wilshire will be closed for 90-consecutive days to allow for the reconstruction of the ramps. For additional information please visit www.metro.net/i405