Late-Night Construction Work
- When: Four-week period beginning on Monday, October 9,
2017 from 10pm - 6am.
- Where: San Fernando Rd at N Hollywood Way (within the
- What to Expect:
- Possible traffic delays and slight increase in travel times due to posted lane closures.
- Lane closures and re-routing clearly marked.
- Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.
- For safety purposes, flaggers will redirect traffic when necessary.
- Metro apologizes for any inconvenience during this period and appreciates your understanding and cooperation.
Safety is Priority One
Safety in and around the construction zone is key for Metro.
Please remember to:
- Safety in and around the construction zone is key for Metro.
- Watch for reduced speed limits
- Watch for construction crew and equipment
- Allow extra travel time
- Be attentive when driving at night and in the rain
- Avoid use of mobile devices or other distractions
- Watch for lane closures and detours
- Remember that fines are doubled in construction zone
What to Expect During Construction
The station is being constructed within the existing railroad right-of-way with minimal impact on Metrolink operations. To enhance safety and enable construction activities, a full-lane closure of San Fernando Bl between west of N Hollywood Way and Greg Av has been in place.
Construction activities can be expected Monday through Friday between the hours of 6am to 3:30pm; nighttime construction may also occur between 10:30pm to 6am, only if needed. The construction schedule is subject to change based on needs, weather and other operational factors.
The contractor will limit heavy equipment use during nighttime hours to mitigate noise. Provisions are in place to minimize impacts to airport, emergency responder and business access. Efforts will be made to minimize dust and other construction impacts to the fullest extent possible.