As part of work on Metro’s New Blue Improvements Project, Metro’s contractor, RailWorks, will replace concrete railroad crossings and will perform rebooting along the Blue Line in Long Beach at the following location:
- Anaheim Station to Willow Station at Long Beach Bl
This activity began Tuesday, March 12th and will continue until April 27th 2019, Monday through Satrusday from 7am to 5:30pm.
There will be an intermittent lane closure on Long Beach Bl between both stations for the duration of the activity.
- There will be 24hr work taking place seven days a week between Anaheim Station and Willow Station along Long Beach Bl to replace rail and perform rebooting along the Blue Line.
- There will be an intermittent closure of one lane on Long Beach Bl during the work activity between both stations.
- It will also involve large trucks that have backup alarms installed for safety.
- During the nighttime hours, the contractor will make every attempt to minimize noise.
What to Expect
Construction activities will involve the use of heavy equipment and small tools, in addition to placement of large panels, and will have potential to create noise.
Noise monitors will be used onsite while construction activities are in progress.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
Metro invites you to stay involved and share your feedback.
For questions please contact us at: 213.418.3039 or firstname.lastname@example.org