As part of work on Metro’s New Blue Improvements Project, Metro’s contractor, RailWorks, will replace concrete railroad crossings and temporarily close the intersections along the Blue Line at the following locations in Long Beach:
- Hill Street at Long Beach Bl
- Burnett Street at Long Beach Bl
This activity is anticipated to begin on Monday, March 11th (weather permitting) and continue daily, from 7 am to midnight, daily through Saturday, March 16th, 2019 at both intersections. The closures will be picked up nightly.
These intersections are anticipated to be closed for the entirety of the work activity.
- There will be a nightly six-day long closure of the intersections at Hill Street at Long Beach Bl and Burnett Street at Long Beach Bl.
- Access will be maintained for those traveling northbound and southbound along Long Beach Bl, however, they will not be able to make turns across the tracks.
- Detour signage will be posted along Long Beach Bl.
What to Expect
Construction activities will involve the use of heavy equipment and small tools, in addition to placement of large panels, and will have potential to create noise.
Noise monitors will be used onsite while construction activities are in progress.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
Metro invites you to stay involved and share your feedback.
For questions please contact us at: 213.418.3039 or email@example.com