As part of work on Metro’s New Blue Improvements Project, Metro’s contractor, Mass Electric, will replace wires on the overhead catenary system and temporarily restrict designated traffic lanes, for approximately 30 minutes, along the Blue Line at the following locations in Long Beach:
Long Beach Bl between 1st St & 3rd St
- The northbound #2 lane is expected to be closed for 30 minutes
- The southbound right turns will be restricted at 1st and 3rd St for approximately 30 minutes (staggered)
Pacific Av between W. Broadway & W Alta Way
- The southbound # 2 lane is expected to be closed for 30 minutes
This activity is anticipated to begin on Sunday, March 10th at 9 pm (weather permitting) and last until Monday, March 11th, 2019 at 6 am for both intersections.
- The overhead catenary wires will be replaced along the Blue Line beginning between 1st St and 3rd Street at Long Beach Bl and Pacific Av between W Broadway and W Alta Way.
- Access will be maintained for those traveling in both directions along Long Beach Bl and Pacific Av, however southbound traffic on Long Beach Bl will not be able to make right turns at 1st St and 3rd St.
- Detour signage will be posted along Long Beach Bl and Pacific Av.
What to Expect
Construction activities will involve the use of heavy equipment and small tools, in addition to placement of large panels, have the potential to create noise.
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change. Work activity is subject to weather conditions.
Metro invites you to stay involved and share your feedback.
For questions please contact us at: 213.418.3039 or firstname.lastname@example.org