As part of work on Metro’s New Blue Improvements Project, Metro’s contractor, RailWorks, will replace concrete railroad crossings and temporarily close the intersections along the Blue Line at the following locations in Long Beach:
- 8th Street and Long Beach Bl
- 19th Street and Long Beach Bl
- 20th Street and Long Beach Bl
- Hill Street and Long Beach Bl
This activity will take place from Monday, February 25th through Friday, March 1st, 2019. 7 am to 11:59 pm daily for all intersections.
- There will be a daily closure of the intersections at 8th, 19th, 20th, and Hill St at Long Beach Bl.
- Vehicles will continue to be able to drive northbound and southbound down Long Beach Bl, however, they will not be able to make turns across the tracks.
- Detour signage will be posted along Long Beach Bl.
What to Expect
Construction activities will involve the use of heavy equipment and small tools, placement of large panels, and will have the potential to create noise. Noise monitors will be used onsite while construction activities are in progress.
Metro invites you to stay involved and share your feedback. For questions please contact us at:
213.418.3039 or email@example.com