As part of work on Metro’s New Blue Improvements Project, Metro’s contractor, RailWorks, will replace concrete railroad crossings and temporarily close the intersections along the Blue Line at the following locations in Long Beach:
- 3rd Street and Long Beach Bl
- 6th Street and Long Beach Bl
- 7th Street and Pacific Av
This activity will begin on Friday, February 15th at 7 pm and last until Monday, February 18th at 5 am for all three intersections.
These intersections are anticipated to be closed for the entirety of the work activity.
There will be a weekend closure of the intersections at 7th Street and Pacific Av and 3rd and 6th Street at Long Beach Bl.
Vehicles will continue to be able to drive northbound and southbound down Long Beach Bl and Pacific Av., however, they will not be able to make turns across the tracks. Detour signage will be posted along Long Beach Av. and Pacific Av.
What to Expect
- Construction activities will involve the use of heavy equipment and small tools.
- The placement of large panels will have the potential to create noise.
- Noise monitors will be used onsite while construction activities are in progress.
Metro invites you to stay involved and share your feedback. For questions please contact us at:
213.418.3039 or email@example.com