Beginning Saturday, February 27, and continuing through Monday, September 27, 2021, Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Sycamore Ave. north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed. This traffic control will support appendage construction adjoining the Wilshire/La Brea Station.
- Saturday, February 27 through September 27
- Work hours are anticipated to be 6am to 10pm, 5 to 6 days per week.
- Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. at Sycamore Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. reduced to two lanes in each direction between Detroit St. and June St.
- Sycamore Ave. closed (for approximately 150 feet) north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns from Wilshire Blvd. to Sycamore Ave. and Orange Dr. will be restricted.
- K-Rail will be implemented on Sycamore Ave. and on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Orange Dr. and Sycamore Ave.
- The eastern sidewalk on Sycamore Ave. will be closed during this work. The north sidewalk on Wilshire Blvd. between Sycamore Ave. and approximately 150 feet east of Sycamore Ave. will also be closed. A pedestrian detour will be established: south at Sycamore Ave., north at Mansfield Ave. or La Brea Ave.
- Eastbound pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center will be maintained.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center and Jack in the Box will be maintained.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.