Beginning Saturday, February 27, and continuing through Monday, September 27, 2021, Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction. Sycamore Ave. north of Wilshire Blvd. will be closed. This traffic control will be implemented in support of appendage structure work immediately adjacent to the Wilshire/La Brea Station Box.
When: February 27 through September 27, from 6am to 10pm, 5 to 6 days per week.
Where: Wilshire Blvd. between Detroit St. and June St. Sycamore Ave.
- Wilshire Blvd. will be reduced to two lanes in each direction between Detroit St. and June St.
- Sycamore Ave. closed north of Wilshire Blvd.
- Left turns are restricted from Wilshire Blvd. to Sycamore Ave. and Orange Dr.
- K-Rail will be placed on Sycamore Ave. and on the north side of Wilshire Blvd. between Orange Dr. and Sycamore Ave.
- The eastern sidewalk on Sycamore will be closed over the duration of this closure. The north sidewalk on Wilshire Blvd. between Sycamore Ave. and approximately 150 feet east of Sycamore Ave. will also be closed. A pedestrian detour will be established: south at Sycamore Ave., north at Mansfield Ave. or La Brea Ave.
- Pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center will be maintained from the east.
- Access to driveways in the closure areas will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access to the BMW Service Center and Jack in the Box will be maintained.
- All sidewalks in the area will remain open.
- Access for Emergency Vehicles & First Responders will be maintained.
Metro Access: Metro bus stops may be relocated or line could be impacted. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro or visit: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/