Demolition of 8471-8485 Wilshire and 14 N. La Cienega
Beginning Thursday, October 13th thru Tuesday, November 15th, the design-builder will demolish the existing buildings at 8471/ 8485 Wilshire Blvd and at 14 N. La Cienega Bl. This site will be used as a staging yard to support project construction at La Cienega.
Building demolition will begin at 14 N. La Cienega Bl and move south to the properties on Wilshire Bl. This work will require erecting a pedestrian covered sidewalk on Wilshire Bl. west of Hamilton Dr and on La Cienega Bl. just north of Wilshire Bl. Demolition of these buildings will be accomplished using an excavator. Demolished material will be hauled to recyclable dump sites using pre-approved haul routes. Mitigation measures will be in place to contain dust and noise during demolition.
This operation requires the following sidewalk and lane closures from 8am to 4pm, Monday thru Friday:
• Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the opposite sides of Wilshire Bl and La Cienega Bl when critical work is being performed. This detour will be signed and assisted by flaggers. Anticipated duration is 2-4 days.
• The curb lane on westbound Wilshire Bl and northbound La Cienega Bl will be temporarily closed when necessary. Anticipated duration is 2-4 days.
TIME: 8am-6pm*, Monday thru Friday
WHEN: October 13th – November 15th
WHERE: Wilshire/La Cienega
WHAT: Building Demolition
*Haul routes: Southbound La Cienega from 9:00am-3:30pm.
What to Expect
• All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
• Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
• A covered sidewalk will be erected to ensure public safety.
• Access for emergency responders will be maintained.
• Parking restrictions on the north side of Wilshire Bl between Gale Dr and La Cienega Bl and on La Cienega Bl just north of Wilshire Bl.
• Real-time information will be available at metro.net/service/advisories or 323.gometro.
Metro northbound 105 and 705 stop on La Cienega Bl will be signed and posted for relocation; temporary location will be on La Cienega Bl just south of Wilshire Bl
Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice