As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) and Metro will be conducting train testing activities on the project alignment section from the Florence Ave and Hindry Ave intersection to the Florence Ave and Ivy Ave intersection. Train testing will take place between 8am and 5pm daily for three days, January 28-30, 2020.
WHAT: Train Testing
WHEN: Tuesday, January 28, 2020, through Thursday, January 30, 2020.
8am-5pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Metro rail along Florence Ave between Hindry Ave and Ivy Ave
DURATION: Three days
What To Expect
-Train’s horn will sound as it approaches each street crossing
-Railroad crossings will activate including lights, bells, and gate arms
-Safety personnel will assist with traffic management at each rail crossing
-Pedestrian access will remain but will be stopped when trains approach
-Expect traffic delays at railroad crossings periodically throughout the day
-Train passing Florence Ave at-grade crossings at the following;
• Florence Ave and Hindry Ave
• Florence Ave and Oak St
• Florence Ave and Cedar Ave
• Florence Ave and Eucalyptus Ave
Stay Alert, Be Safe!
Metro will be conducting more frequent train testing activities along the
entire alignment including underground, aerial, and all at-grade sections.
Please be alert when at railroad crossings.
• LOOK & LISTEN for train crossing arms, flashing lights, and bells
• DO NOT walk on the train tracks
• DO NOT attempt to go around or under active gate arms
• DO NOT stop vehicles on top of the tracks
• ONLY cross tracks at grade-crossings and LOOK both ways
• DO OBEY all warning signs and traffic signals