As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro is completely rebuilding the curb, gutter and sidewalk in your area. Once complete, the new streetscape will include new median landscaping, sidewalk trees, street lights, traffic signals and a repaved roadway.
Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be installing a storm drain on the northwest corner of 57th St and Crenshaw Bl. The installation will require saw cutting, potholing and the installation of the new storm drain, manhole and catch basin. This will require a directional closure of 57th St for westbound traffic, west of Crenshaw Bl. It will also require a temporary southbound lane closure of the lane closest to the frontage road along with a partial closure of the frontage road.
In addition, the crosswalk on the east side of Crenshaw Bl will be closed. Pedestrian will be redirected to the eastside of the street. Construction will last approximately one month.
WHAT: Storm Drain Installation
WHEN: December 21, 2016, Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm and 9pm to 6am; Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 5pm and 8pm to 6am, excluding holidays and weather permitting.
WHERE: Northwest corner of 57th St and Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: One month
What to Expect
- Half of the frontage road closest to 57th St will be closed for the length of this activity. A portion of the median will be removed to allow residents to be able to get in and out of frontage road.
- Westbound traffic will need to make a left or right turn at Crenshaw Bl.
- Northbound and southbound access n Crenshaw Bl will be maintained.
- Turns onto west 57th St will be restricted for both northbound and southbound traffic on Crenshaw Bl.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Share this page on