As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be coordinating the delivery and installation of the generator for the traction power substation (TPSS). To safely install it, there will be a full westbound street closure of 48th St between Crenshaw Bl and the alleyway and a southbound lane reduction on Crenshaw Bl at 48th St from 9am to 3:30pm on Thursday, December 13, 2018 and Friday, December 14, 2018.
WHAT: Westbound street closure
WHEN: Thursday, December 13, 2018 and Friday, December 14, 2018. 9am to 3:30pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: 48th St between Crenshaw Bl and alleyway.
DURATION: Two days
What to Expect
Full westbound street closure of 48th St between Crenshaw Bl and alleyway.
Through westbound traffic on 48th St will be detoured at Crenshaw Bl.
Southbound lane reduction on Crenshaw Bl at 48th St.
Left turns will be restricted for northbound traffic on Crenshaw Bl onto westbound 48th St.
Parking restrictions will be implemented on westbound 48th between Crenshaw Bl and alleyway.
Northwest crosswalk on Crenshaw Bl and 48th St will be closed. Pedestrians will be safely redirected to use the east crosswalk.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: