As part of the Metro Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on civil improvements which include the construction of new curb/gutter, sidewalk, driveways, ADA ramps and a roadway median on Oak St, north of Florence Av. This work will take place starting on Monday, December 3, 2018.
WHAT: Civil Improvements
WHEN: Starting Monday, December 3, 2018 through Friday, January 4, 2019 9am to 3:30pm and 8pm to 6am Monday through Friday. 8am to 5pm and 9pm to 6am Saturday and Sunday. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Oak St, north of Florence Av
DURATION: One month
What To Expect
One southbound lane closure on Oak St from 200’ north of crossing to Florence Av.
One westbound lane closure on Florence Av between Oak St and 150’ west of Oak St.
Parking will be restricted on the east and west side of Oak St from the crossing to 175’ north of crossing ONLY when the closure is in effect.
Sound blankets will be used to mitigate noise generated by the activity.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: