As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the installation of conduits needed for the traffic signal and street lights at the intersection of Florence Av and La Brea Av. This work is anticipated to last approximately one month and will require lane reductions for both northbound and southbound traffic on La Brea Av and eastbound and westbound traffic on Florence Av.
WHAT: Conduit installation
WHEN: Starting on Monday, November 5, 2018 through early December 2018. Monday through Friday 9am to 3pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av and La Brea Av intersection
DURATION: One month
What to Expect
The work will alternate between the lanes closest to the sidewalk and the center of the street.
A minimum of one lane will be maintained in all directions at all times.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: