Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be removing the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) from Crenshaw Bl and Vernon Av. The TBM will be dismantled underground and raised to the surface in transerable pieces that will be hauled by trucks. The trucks will carry the TBM northbound on Crenshaw Bl from Vernon Av to Rodeo Rd. To safely transfer the TBM, WSCC will implement a full closure of Crenshaw Bl, north of Vernon Ave and south of 43rd St/Homeland Dr. Local access will be maintained between Martin Luther King, Jr Bl and 43rd St/Homeland Dr.
Detours will be implemented as follows:
- Right on Leimert Bl
- Left on 43rd St/Homeland Dr
- Right on Crenshaw Bl
- Left on MLK Bl
- Right on Western Av
- Right on 48th St
- Left on Crenshaw Bl
WHAT: Tunnel boring machine removal
WHEN: Friday, November 4, 2016 from 9pm to 6am Monday, November 7, 2016, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between MLK Bl and Vernon Av
DURATION: One weekend
What to Expect:
- Through traffic on Vernon Av and 43rd St/Homeland Dr will be maintained.
- One lane will be maintained in each direction on Rodeo Rd, east of Crenshaw Bl.
- Left turns will be restricted at Crenshaw Bl for eastbound and westbound traffic on Rodeo Rd.
- All pedestrian access will be maintained.