As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be preparing the Metro right away for the delivery of the traction power substation (TPSS) at Redondo Bl (west of Long St). This will require continuous access to the site for 22 hours. The truck will deliver and set the TPSS building during daytime work hours.
WHAT: Traction Power Substation
WHEN: Beginning on Thursday, October 19, 2017, at 8pm through 6pm Friday, October 20, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Redondo Bl and Long St
DURATION: 22 hours
What To Expect
Delivery truck entering and exiting the Metro right away during daytime work hours.
Parking will be restricted on Redondo Bl (west of Long St).
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/