As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on concrete pour activities in support of the bridge which will elevate the rail line over Manchester Av. This will require a full street closure of eastbound and westbound traffic on Manchester Av between Portal Av/Osage Av and Florence Av/Aviation Bl for three consecutive nights. The first closure will be implemented on Wednesday, October 18, 2017.
WHAT: Street closure
WHEN: Starting Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 9pm to 6am the following morning, weather permitting.
WHERE: Manchester Av between Portal Av/Osage Av and Florence Av/Aviation Bl
DURATION: Three nights
What To Expect
Detour information is below:
- Southbound on Airport Bl
- Eastbound on Arbor Vitae St
- Northbound on Aviation Bl
- Eastbound on Manchester Ave
- Southbound on Aviation Bl
- Westbound on Arbor Vitae St
- Northbound on Airport Bl
- Westbound on Manchester Bl
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction.
- For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/