As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will work on construction of the center median located on Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Aviation Bl. This activity will require a lane reduction for both eastbound and westbound traffic from 9am Friday, October 5, 2018, through 6am Monday, October 8, 2018. The lane reduction is needed on Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Aviation Bl to protect and allow curing of the center median. This activity will also require a full closure of Arbor Vitae St starting at 9pm Friday, October 5, 2018 through 6am, Saturday, October 6, 2018, to facilitate roadway restriping of Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Aviation Bl.
WHAT: Lane reduction and street closure for center median construction and street restriping
WHEN: Starting 9am Friday, October 5, 2018, through 6am Monday, October 8, 2018. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Aviation Bl
DURATION: One weekend
What To Expect
Full closure of Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Aviation Bl starting 9pm Friday, October 5, 2018, to 6am Saturday, October 6, 2018.
Lane reduction for eastbound and westbound traffic on Arbor Vitae St between Bellanca Av and Portal starting 9am on Friday, October 5, 2018, through 6am Monday, October 8, 2018.
Full closure detours:
- North on Aviation Bl
- West on Manchester Av
- South on Airport Bl
- West on Westchester Pkwy
- North on Airport Bl
- East on Manchester Av
- South on Aviation Bl
- East on Arbor Vitae St
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/