As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be installing new valves on the existing 24”main waterline located on Crenshaw Bl and Exposition Bl. This will require a ten hour water shut off beginning at 8pm on Friday, October 5, 2018 through 6am Saturday, October 6, 2018. WSCC will be coordinating with the impacted residents and business owners in this area to provide details prior to the water shut off.
WHAT: Waterline shutoff
WHEN: Friday, October 5, 2018 from 8pm to 6am Saturday, October 6, 2018. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl and Exposition Bl
DURATION: Ten hours
What to Expect
Ten hour water shut off to local businesses.
During the shut off, WSCC will be providing various mitigations, including delivery of bottled water, access to portable restrooms, etc.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/