As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on road improvements and restoration along Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and La Brea Av. The restoration and improvements will require lane reductions, turn movement restrictions and sidewalk closures. This work will be conducted in phases and is anticipated to last approximately four weeks.
WHAT: Street improvements
WHEN: September 25, 2017 Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm and
9pm to 6am, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av at Market St
DURATION: Four weeks
WHAT TO EXPECT
The following road impacts are for Market St.
- One eastbound lane closure on Florence Av
- Right turn restriction for eastbound traffic on Florence Av onto Market St
- Florence Av and Market St southwest sidewalk closed
- Sidewalk closed on the north side of Florence Av between La Brea Av and east of Market St
- One westbound lane closure on Florence between La Brea Av and east of Market St
- Bus stop relocation 100 feet east from its existing location
- Eastbound and westbound lane reduction on Florence Av, west of Market St
- Westbound lane reduction on Florence Av, east of Market St
- Left turns onto Market St from westbound Florence Av will be maintained
- North and south crosswalk closure on the west side of Market St and Florence Av
Access to emergency responders will be maintained
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/