As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on road improvements and restoration along Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and La Brea Av. The restoration and improvements will require lane reductions, turn movement restrictions and sidewalk closures. This work will be conducted in phases and is anticipated to last approximately four weeks.
WHAT: Street improvements
WHEN: September 25, 2017 Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm and 9pm to 6am, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av at Locust St
DURATION: Four weeks
WHAT TO EXPECT
The following road impacts are for Locust St.
- Left turns from westbound Florence Av onto Locust St will be restricted
- Florence Av and Locust St southwest sidewalk closure
- Right turns for eastbound traffic on Florence Av onto Locust St will be restricted
- One Locust St southbound lane closure
- One eastbound lane closure on Florence Av before Locust St
- Eastbound and westbound crosswalk between Florence Av (south side) and east of Locust St
- Eastbound lane closure on Florence Av, west of Locust St
- Northbound Locust St lane reduction, south of Florence Av
- Right turns for northbound traffic on Locust St onto eastbound Florence Av will be restricted
- Right turns for eastbound traffic on Florence Av onto southbound Locust St will be maintained
- One eastbound lane reduction on Florence Av, east of Locust St
- No changes to westbound traffic on Florence Av
- Florence Av and Locust St southeast sidewalk closure at
- Crosswalk on the south side of Florence Av at Locust St will be closed
- One eastbound and westbound lane reduction (lanes closest to the center median) on Florence Av at Locust St
- Left turns from westbound Florence Av onto Locust St will be maintained.
- Left turn restriction for northbound traffic on Locust St on to westbound Florence Av
Access to emergency responders will be maintained
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/