As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be performing road improvements and restoration along Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and La Brea Av. The restoration and improvements will require lane reductions, turn movement restrictions and sidewalk closures. This work will be conducted in phases and is anticipated to last approximately four weeks.
WHAT: Street improvements
WHEN: September 25, 2017 Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm
and 9pm to 6am, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av at Hillcrest Bl
DURATION: Four weeks
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The following road impacts are for Hillcrest Bl.
- One eastbound and westbound Florence Av lane reduction, west of Hillcrest Bl, closest to the center median.
- One westbound Florence Ave lane reduction, east of Hillcrest Bl
- Left turn restriction from northbound Hillcrest Bl onto westbound Florence Av.
- Left turns from westbound Florence Av onto southbound Hillcrest Bl will be maintained.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/