As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes curb and gutter reconstruction, ADA ramps, street lighting, traffic signals, driveway and sidewalk reconstruction. The work will continue to be conducted in segments and phases.
This next sequence of work will require a full closure of Crenshaw Bl at 54th St. The first full northbound closure on Crenshaw Bl at 54th St will be implemented on Thursday night from 9pm to 6am, September 14th, 2017 and Friday September 15th, 2017 from 9pm to 6am. This will be followed by a full northbound closure on Crenshaw Bl at 54th beginning at 6am on Saturday, September 16th, 2017 through 5pm that same day. Following these closures, the roads will be reopened to pedestrians, vehicular traffic and parking after work is completed.
WHAT: Civil/Electrical Construction Improvements
WHEN: Starting Thursday, September 14th, 2017 from 9pm to 6am Friday; Friday, September 15th, 2017 from 9pm to 6am Saturday; and Saturday, September 16th, 2017 from 9am to 5pm, weather permitting.
WHERE: Northbound Crenshaw Bl at 54th St
DURATION: Two nights and one day
What to Expect
A Westbound lane closure will be implemented on 54th St at Crenshaw Bl during the duration of this activity.
Eastbound and westbound access on 54th St at Crenshaw Bl will be maintained.
Left turn restriction onto Crenshaw Bl for eastbound traffic on 54th St.
Right turn restriction onto Crenshaw Bl for westbound traffic on 54th St.
Northbound Crenshaw Bl detour:
- Right on Slauson Av
- Left on Western Av
- Left on 48th St
- Right on Crenshaw Bl
The north crosswalk in this area will be closed and pedestrians will be redirected to the opposite side of the street.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/