As part of the Metro Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on restriping, k-rail (cement barriers) installation and civil improvements on Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and Prairie Av. Once the k-rail has been placed in the middle of Florence Av, work will take place behind the k-rail 24 hours. The restriping of the street will be done starting at 9pm on Friday, September 8, 2017 through 5am the next morning. The following Monday, September 11, 2017 civil improvements will begin behind the k-rail and they are anticipated to last for six weeks.
WHAT: Street striping, k-rail placement, and civil improvements
WHEN: Starting Friday, September 8, 2017 through October 20, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Florence Av between Hillcrest Bl and Prairie Av
DURATION: Six weeks
What To Expect
Access to all driveways will be maintained.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Two traffic lanes will be maintained on Florence Av.
Two left turns will be maintained for southbound traffic on Centinela Av.
One right turn lane will be maintained for southbound Centinela Av will be maintained.
Access to La Colina Dr will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/