As part of the Metro Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the grade crossing located on Arbor Vitae St and Portal Av. This will require a full closure of Arbor Vitae St at Portal Av with traffic detours being implemented at Aviation Bl and Airport Bl for two consecutive weekends.
WHAT: Street closure
WHEN: Friday, September 8, 2017 from 9pm to 6am Monday, September 11, 2017 and Friday, September15, 2017 from 9pm to 6am Monday, September 18, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Arbor Vitae St between Aviation Bl and Airport Bl
DURATION: Two weekends
What To Expect
Full closure of Arbor Vitae St at Portal Av.
- Right at Aviation Bl
- Left on Manchester Av
- Left on Airport Bl
- Right on Westchester Pkwy
- Left on Airport Bl
- Right on Manchester Av
- Right on Aviation Bl
- Left on Arbor Vitae St
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/