As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the Automated House Crossing Warning (AHCW) bungalow installation (a train system control house). The ACHW assists with the movement of the train. To safely install the AHCW, traffic will be pushed to the south side of Florence Av. This will require the closure of Brynhurst Av between 71st St and 67th St from 9am to 3:30pm on Thursday, September 6, 2018.
WHAT: Street closure for installation of train system control house (AHCW)
WHEN: Thursday, September 6, 2018. 9am to 3:30pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Brynhurst Av between 71st St and 67th St
DURATION: One day
What to Expect
Full closure of Brynhurst Av between 71st St and 67th St.
- Eastbound on 67th St
- Southbound on Crenshaw Bl
- Westbound on 71st St
- Southbound on Brynhurst Av
- Westbound on Florence Av
- Northbound on West Bl
- Eastbound on 67th St
- Northbound on Brynhurst Av
Right turns will be restricted for westbound traffic on 71st St onto northbound Brynhurst Av.
Left turns will be restricted for eastbound traffic on 71st St onto northbound Brynhurst Av.
Parking restriction for 200’ on either side of the guideway.
Access to local businesses will be maintained.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/