As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the installation of the electrical ductbank and vault located on the northwest corner of 59th St and Crenshaw Bl. This work is anticipated to last five weeks.
WHAT: Street closure
WHEN: Wednesday, September 5, 2018. 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am. Monday through Friday. 8am to 5pm and 8pm to 6am. Saturday and Sunday. Weather permitting.
WHERE: 59th St between Brynhurst Av and 10th Av
DURATION: Five weeks
What to Expect
Phase I - Full street closure for eastbound and westbound traffic on 59th St between Brynhurst Av and 10th Av the first two weeks.
Phase II - One southbound lane closure on Crenshaw Bl between 58th St and 59th St for the remaining three weeks.
- Southbound on 10th Av
- Westbound on 60th St
- Northbound on Brynhurst Av
- Westbound on 59th St
- Southbound on Brynhurst Av
- Eastbound on 60th St
- Northbound on 10th Av
- Eastbound on 59th St
Local access will be maintained.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: