As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on a sewer line replacement located at Vernon Av and Crenshaw Bl. This will require a closure of one eastbound lane on Vernon Av between Victoria Av and Crenshaw Bl and one southbound lane on Crenshaw Bl between 43rd Pl and Brynhurst Av starting on August 20, 2018.
WHAT: Sewer line replacement
WHEN: Starting on August 20, 2018. 9am to 3:30pm and 9pm to 6am. Monday through Friday. 8am to 5pm and 8pm to 6pm Saturday. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Vernon Ave and Crenshaw Bl
DURATION: Four weeks
What To Expect
- One southbound lane reduction on Crenshaw Bl between 43rd Pl and Brynhurst Av.
- One eastbound lane reduction on Vernon Av between Victoria Av and Crenshaw Bl.
- Turn movements will be maintained at the Vernon Av and Crenshaw Bl intersection.
- The crosswalk on Crenshaw Bl on the south side of Vernon Av will be closed. Pedestrians will be rerouted to the north side of Vernon Av to cross Crenshaw Bl.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: