As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements on August 8, 2018. The civil work includes saw cut, demolition and excavation on Hindry Av between Florence Av and 83rd St. The work will be implemented in two phases and each phase will last approximately three weeks.
WHAT: Civil improvements
WHEN: Continuing Wednesday, August 8, 2018. 9am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday. 8am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Hindry Av between Florence Av and 83rd St
DURATION: Six weeks
What To Expect
- One southbound lane reduction on Hindry Av between 83rd St and Florence Av
- Closure of the west sidewalk on Hindry Av between 83rd St and Florence Av
- Parking restrictions on the west side of Hindry Av between 83rd St and Florence Av
- One northbound lane reduction on Hindry Av between Florence Av and 83rd St
- Closure of the east sidewalk on Hindry Av between Florence Av and 83rd St
- Parking restrictions on the east side of Hindry Av between Florence Av and 83rd St
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/