Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC), will be moving to the third stage of construction on Crenshaw Bl between 54th St and 59th St and Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av. This will require a new traffic configuration that will be implemented on the weekend of Friday, July 28, 2017 starting at 9pm through 6am Monday, July 31, 2017. At least one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction on Crenshaw Bl and Slauson Av at all times.
WSCC will begin the installation of k-Rail (concrete barriers) along the center of Crenshaw Bl between 54th St and 59th St. After the implementation of the new traffic configuration is complete, two northbound and two southbound lanes will be maintained on Crenshaw Bl.
As part of the work site reconfiguration the following activities will take place: restriping, k-rail (concrete barriers) removal and placement, saw cutting, potholing, and excavation. Reconfiguration activities will take place during the day and night hours.
WHAT: Traffic reconfiguration
WHEN: Friday, July 28, 2017, from 9pm to 6am Monday, July 31, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 54th St and 59th St and Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th St
DURATION: One weekend
WHAT TO EXPECT
- K-rail on Slauson Av from Victoria Av to 11th Av will be removed with the exception of the K-rail at the intersection of Crenshaw and Slauson.
- Civil work will continue but will no longer require K-rail barriers.
- Two northbound and two southbound lanes will be maintained on Crenshaw Bl between 54th St and 59th St St after the implementation of the new traffic reconfiguration.
- Two eastbound and two westbound lanes will be maintained on Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av after the traffic reconfiguration.
- Parking restrictions will be maintained on Crenshaw Bl between Slauson Av and 59th St and on Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th St.
- Bike lanes will be maintained.
- K-Rail (cement barriers) will be removed from Slauson Av and 11th Av.
- Access to emergency vehicles will be maintained.
- Through access on cross streets will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/