In support of construction for one of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project’s aerial structures, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will implement a nightly full northbound and southbound street closure of La Cienega Bl between Florence Av and Industrial Av. The closure is scheduled to last four nights and will be implemented nightly between 9pm and 6am.
This work will facilitate the safe removal of falsework beams of the bridge that will elevate the rail line over La Cienega Bl. During the closure, the following detour will be implemented:
La Cienega Bl Northbound Detour:
- East on Florence Av
- North on La Brea Av
- West on Centinela Av
- North on La Cienega Bl
La Cienega Bl Southbound Detour:
- Southwest on La Tijera Bl
- South on Airport Bl
- East on Manchester Av
- Northeast on Florence Av
- South on La Cienega Bl
WHAT: Street closures
WHEN: Starting, Tuesday, July 25, 2017 from 9pm through 6am, Tuesday through Friday, weather permitting.
WHERE: La Cienega Bl between Florence Av and Industrial Av
DURATION: Four nights
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Full northbound and southbound closure of La Cienega Bl between Florence Av and Industrial Av.
- Left turn restrictions on Florence Av onto La Cienega Bl.
- The southbound Florence Av exit ramp on I-405 Fwy will be closed
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/