As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will continue working on civil improvements in Park Mesa. The civil work includes the full depth roadway replacement. This will entail the demolition of existing asphalt, excavate to street subgrade, compact base section and pave back roadway.
This activity be done over the span of one weekend, beginning at 9am on Friday, July 21, 2017 through 6am on Monday, July 24, 2017 and will restrict one eastbound lane on Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av.
WHAT: Civil work improvements
WHEN: Friday, July 21, 2017 from 9am through 6am, Monday, July 24, 2017, weather permitting.
WHERE: Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av
DURATION: One weekend
What to Expect
- Crosswalk closure for the southeast corner of Slauson Av and Crenshaw Bl.
- A 5-foot sidewalk will be maintained on the south side of Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av.
- Driveway access will be restricted on Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av. WSCC will coordinate directly with impacted businesses.
- One eastbound lane reduction on Slauson Av between Victoria Av and 11th Av.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/