As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be delivering the traction power substation (TPSS) building at Manchester Av between Portal Av and Aviation Bl. This will require continuous access to the site for one day.
WHAT: Traction power substation installation
WHEN: Thursday, July 19, 2018. 9 am to 3:30 pm. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Manchester Av between Portal Av and Aviation Bl
DURATION: One day
What To Expect
One eastbound lane reduction on Manchester Av between Portal Av and Aviation Bl.
Right turns from eastbound Manchester Av onto southbound Aviation Bl will be restricted.
Delivery truck entering and exiting the site during daytime work hours.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/