As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) is working on the restoration of Crenshaw Bl. The restoration of Crenshaw Bl consists of a full closure, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for multiple months. This work requires continuous access to WSCC's equipment storage facility/yard to facilitate the backfill operations along Crenshaw Bl. The facility/yard is located on Slauson Av between Normandie Av and Budlong Av.
WSCC vehicles with construction equipment and material will access the site at irregular times, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from July 2018 until December 2018.
WHAT: Continuous access to storage facility
WHEN: July 2018 through December 2018. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Slauson Av between Normandie Av and Budlong Av
DURATION: Six months
What to Expect
- Noise monitoring equipment will be used to monitor construction activities.
- No idling of vehicles in residential areas.
- Foreman Noise Specific meetings will be conducted on noise prevention and monitoring control on an as-needed basis.
- When not in use, staging of equipment will be done safely and inside cement barriers perimeters.
- Designated approved truck haul routes will be enforced.
- Local access will be maintained.
- Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/