Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will implement full directional nightly closures of southbound and northbound traffic on I-405 FWY. The closures are necessary for the safe removal of the existing falsework (framing) of the future Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project bridge over La Cienega Bl and I-405 FWY. The closures are scheduled to last for three weeks starting July 31. The first week of closures will affect all northbound lanes; the second week will affect the northbound and southbound HOV lanes and left lanes; the third week will affect all southbound lanes. The closures will be implemented one direction at a time and will be performed only at night Monday through Friday. Lane closures hours are explained below.
Nightly Northbound Directional Closure, (July 31 - August 5) [COMPLETED]
Full northbound nightly closures for one week between La Cienega Bl/Manchester Bl off-ramp, Century Bl off-ramp and La Tijera Bl on-ramp.
Nightly Center Lane Closures, (August 7 - August 12) [COMPLETED]
HOV and two left lanes restricted for northbound and southbound traffic for a total of five nights between La Cienega Bl/Manchester Bl off-ramp, Century Bl off-ramp, and La Tijera Bl on-ramp.
Nightly Southbound Directional Closure, (August 14 - 19)
Full southbound nightly closures for one week between the Florence Av/Manchester Bl off-ramp to the south of Manchester Bl.
Monday - Thursday:
Two lane reduction 10pm - 12am.
Full lane closure 12am - 5am.
Two lanes reopened 5am - 6am.
All lanes will open by 6am.
Two lane reduction 11pm - 1am.
Full lane closure 1am - 4am.
Two lanes reopened 4am - 7am.
All lanes will be open by 7am on Saturday.
- Exit Florence Av/Manchester Bl Off-ramp
- Proceed south on LA Cienega Bl
- Take On-ramp to Southbound I-405 Freeway at Olive St.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/