As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the construction of center median, and the restoration of the roadway, which will include: demolition, excavation, backfill and paving of Centinela Av and Florence Av. This work will require the full closure of Centinela Av between Florence Av and Beach Av and a lane reduction of westbound Florence Av between Prairie Av and Hillcrest Bl starting at 9pm Wednesday, June 19, 2019 through 5am Friday, June 28, 2019.
WHAT: Full street closure and westbound lane reduction
WHEN: Starting 9pm Wednesday, June 19, 2019 through 5am Friday, June 28 2019. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Centinela Av between Florence Av and Beach Av; Florence Av between Prairie Av and Hillcrest Bl
DURATION: Nine days
What to Expect
Full street closure of Centinela Av between Florence Av and Beach Av.
Right turn movements for westbound traffic on Florence Av onto Centinela Av will be restricted.
Left turn movements for eastbound traffic on Florence Av onto Centinela Av will be restricted.
• Westbound on Florence Av
• Northbound on La Brea Av
• Southbound on La Brea Av
• Eastbound on Florence Av
Access to Beach Av will be maintained.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website: