As part of Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will be working on the restoration of Crenshaw Bl. Restoration will begin at the three underground station areas along Crenshaw Bl. Restoration activities include removal of concrete panels, permanent placement of utilities, backfill, and road repaving. Work at each station will be performed separately as three phases in progression from south to north. A separate notification will be sent out for the other two phases prior to the commencement of the work.
The first phase will implement a closure at the Leimert Park Station area. This phase will require the closure of Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and 43rd St/Homeland Dr.
WHAT: Full northbound and southbound street closure for restoration
WHEN: Starting 9 pm June 15, 2018 through 11:59 pm July 27, 2018. Weather permitting.
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 48th St and 43rd St/Homeland Dr
DURATION: 43 days
What To Expect
- East on Slauson Av
- North on Western Av
- West on Martin Luther King Jr Bl
- North on Crenshaw Bl
- East on Martin Luther King Jr Bl
- South on Western Av
- West on Slauson Av
- South on Crenshaw Bl
Vernon Av will be closed for through eastbound and westbound traffic.
Traffic Control Officers will be deployed at critical locations throughout the detour route.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment!
- Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities, access to emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information about changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/