Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will implement nightly northbound and southbound lane restriction of the 405 freeway for a total of nine nights between La Cienega Bl/Manchester Bl off-ramp, Century Bl off-ramp, and La Tijera Bl on-ramp. The lane closures will be implemented northbound the first four nights (two lanes at a time), followed by five nights of southbound lane closures (also, two lanes at a time).
The lane closures are needed for the safe removal of the exterior edge wood framing or falsework located on the new rail bridge that crosses over the northbound and southbound 405 freeway lanes.
WHAT: Northbound and southbound 405 freeway lane closures for bridge falsework removal
WHEN: Starting Tuesday, May 30, 2017, through Saturday, June 10, 2017, Monday through Saturday, weather permitting.
WHERE: Northbound and southbound 405 freeway between La Cienega Bl/Manchester Bl off-ramp, Century Bl off-ramp, and La Tijera Bl on-ramp.
DURATION: Nine nights
What To Expect
- Lane reductions will begin at 10 pm and last through 5 am the following morning.
- Portable changeable message signs will be posted prior to the lane closures.
- High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane will also be closed.
Eat Shop Play Local
- Support businesses located along the project alignment! Eat, Shop, Play locally during construction. For all the details, visit metro.net/eatshopplay
- Win a 7-Day Metro TAP Card when you support local businesses in Crenshaw and Inglewood
- Eat Shop Play Crenshaw
- Eat Shop Play Inglewood
- Review our construction safety tips
- Access safety materials for kids
- During construction activities access for emergency responders is always maintained, unless otherwise specified above.
- Construction is a dynamic process and information is subject to change without notice
Business Interruption Fund
Metro's Business Interruption Fund (BIF) provides financial assistance to qualifying small “mom and pop” businesses directly impacted by construction; learn more by visiting metro.net/bif. To apply, visit Metro’s program administrator, Pacific Coast Regional Small Business Development Corporation (PCR).
Our construction may have relocated your bus stop, or changed your route. For information changes to Metro service, please call 323.GoMetro (323.466.3876) or visit our service advisories website:
- Service Advisories for Metro Bus: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/bus/
- Service Advisories for Metro Rail: https://www.metro.net/service/advisories/rail/